Monday, September 26, 2011

Blog Boom

In the past six days, my blog has boomed.  Boomed for me, that is.  In less than a week, I have been tweeted about, re-tweeted, posted, and reposted, and Shaken Not Stirred has been viewed in TEN countries!  I feel honored that people are taking the time to not only read my blog, but also share it. What started four months ago, as "getting my feet wet," has turned into a full on swim towards my employment goals, through the waters of "emotion ocean."
To be completely honest, the blog started almost as a personal online journal, but has manifested into much more than that.  It's become my own personal classroom, where I teach myself lessons I didn't know I learned, while passing them onto my readers.  It seems though, that my readers are teaching me something as well.  Each time a new country pops up in my audience, or another person subscribes, or when someone leaves a comment for me, I understand a little bit better that I am not alone.  Although I have yet to meet someone who has the same physical disorder as me, my readers remind me that life always has a way of being shaken up, and it's not the shaking that matters, it's how you slow it down, or learn to find the balance.
All you devoted readers have taught me what it feels like to be proud of myself in the most genuine sense.  I was a little skeptical that I could pull off writing a blog that people would actually like to read.  I doubted that I could keep it going for very long, or that I'd have enough to write about.  But in four months, I have seen a steady increase in subscribers, and page views, and now recommendations.  In return, I've found more to write about, and the itch to keep on going.  I want to thank you all for listening to my stories, and showing me, even if it's just by clicking the "like" button, that I made the right choice by taking a leap of faith into the world of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment